MHS GENESIS is Here!
On October 28, 2023 the Department of Defense’s new electronic health record (EHR), MHS GENESIS, launched here at Brian D. Allgood Army Community Hospital. MHS GENESIS has replaced TRICARE Online at this facility.
What is MHS GENESIS?
MHS GENESIS is the new EHR that provides you and your doctors enhanced, secure technology to manage your health information. When fully deployed, MHS GENESIS will be the single health record for service members, veterans, and their families. >>Learn More about MHS GENESIS
What is the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal?
Along with the new EHR, the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is a secure website available 24/7 that gives you access to your health information. Through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal, you can:
- View health information, including laboratory and radiology results
- Schedule appointments
- Communicate securely with care team
- Request prescription renewals (refills through Audiocare ONLY)
- Complete intake and screening forms in advance of appointments
- Access a health library
The MHS GENESIS Patient Portal is replacing the TRICARE Online Secure Patient Portal.
What does this mean for me?
MHS GENESIS and the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal are replacing TRICARE Online, including the patient portal and secure messaging at this facility.
- If you had a current TRICARE Online account, it was migrated to MHS GENESIS on October 28, 2023. No action is necessary by you.
- If you don’t already have a TRICARE Online account, you can log onto https://my.mhsgenesis.health.mil/ using your Common Access Card or DS Logon Account.
- If you don’t have a DS Logon Account or if you have questions about DS Logon, visit the milConnect website or call 1-800-538-9552.
What happens next?
Appointment availability through December 2023 may be affected and wait times may increase as our staff adjusts to new technology and workflows. You may experience the following delays:
- Extended wait times when scheduling appointments
- Extended wait times between checking-in and seeing your provider
- Extended time with your provider
- Increased wait times at the pharmacy
- Increased wait times for lab and radiology results
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we integrate MHS GENESIS to provide you with top-notch care.